Business Generic End-Point Assessor
Permanent Full time role
Location: Office / Remote/South of England
Reports to EPA Delivery Manager
Salary: £28,000- £30,000
Training Qualifications UK is fast establishing itself as a leading Apprenticeship End-Point Assessment Organisation approved by the Education and Skills Funding Agency to deliver End-Point Assessment to Apprentices on an ever-growing number of Apprenticeship Standards.
The role of an Apprenticeship End-Point Assessor is to provide independent, fair, reliable, and consistent assessment services to Training Qualifications UK customers working with Apprenticeship Standards. End-Point Assessors are required to use assessment experience with robust and relevant industry knowledge to form judgements and grading decisions upon the completion of a variety of assessment activities, which test the apprentices’ occupational competency.
This role requires someone who is flexible in their approach to all tasks, with the independence to travel as and when the business requires. Also has exceptional assessment abilities coupled with the ability to act with integrity and impartiality. The successful post holder will not only be responsible for delivering an agreed caseload of End-Point Assessments but will also take a lead role in the training and standardisation of freelance associate End-Point Assessors, undertake internal quality assurance-based tasks, and support with the delivery of training and support to external customers. The sector’s that fall within this role to be assessed are.
- Business Administrator level 3
- Customer Service Practitioner level 2
- Customer Service Specialist level 3
- Team Leader/Supervisor
Manage assigned caseload to ensure all stages of the End-Point Assessment journey are completed timely and to the expected standard
- Deliver outstanding End-Point Assessment services to assigned Apprentices and Employers
- Undertake End-Point Assessment activities with integrity and impartiality to offer a fair, reliable, unbiased, and consistent assessment experience for all Apprentices and Employers
- Produce accurate, appropriate, and well-informed assessment feedback/written reports to validate assessment decisions using the correct and as required regulatory paperwork and appropriate systems
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of Apprenticeship Standards and Assessment Plans relevant to the sector areas as listed above
- Engage with internal quality assurance processes, undertaking the role as internal quality assurer as required
- Actively participate in, and as required lead moderation, standardisation and development activities and meetings as required
- As necessary support the development and delivery of training of freelance associate End-Point Assessors, and other external customers to aid a successful End-Point Assessment experience for all Apprentices
- Be responsible for maintaining your own on-going CPD relevant to assessment and internal quality assurance practices, the wider Apprenticeship landscape and the industry for which you assess
- Contribute where required to the review and growth of new assessment material and learning resources
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Training Qualifications UK internal policies and processes and always adhere to them
- Adhere to the highest possible quality standards relating to assessment practice and report any suspected or actualised breach of confidentiality or malpractice/maladministration to Training Qualifications UK
- Proactively recognise and deal with any developmental actions to manage risk accordingly
- Adhere to high levels of confidentiality in relation to Apprentices, Approved Centres and Employers whom Training Qualifications UK work with
- Provide advice and responses to questions and queries relating to specified Apprenticeship Standards and sector
- Requirement to travel. Has access to own transport with an ability/willingness to travel as the business needs
- As necessary assist with complaints and/or assessment discrepancy using expert knowledge to draw conclusion about the case, acting as authoritative voice in cases where consensus cannot be reached
- Liaise with other departments to facilitate a smooth customer experience and journey
- Be aware of conflict of interest and report associated risks
- Engage with any Training Qualifications UK communications such as internal updates, newsletters, policy updates or Centre information
- Support the screening and/or interview of potential End-Point Assessors/IQAs to verify expertise and qualification attainment meets industry requirement(s)
- Assist with investigations into potential malpractice where sector expertise is required to draw sound conclusions about the case
Essential Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications
- As a minimum must be competent and able to assess Business Administrator and Customer Service Practitioner/Specialist Standards
- Have current knowledge of the regulatory framework and other regulatory and legislative requirements such as safeguarding, Prevent, equality, diversity and inclusion and health and safety
- Hold a relevant Assessor qualification (D32/33, A1, TAQA equivalent) or EPA qualification with robust knowledge of assessment practice and techniques, including proficiency in remote assessment tools
- Hold a relevant Internal Quality Assurer Qualification (D34, V1)
- Functional Skills Level 2 English and maths qualifications held (or equivalent)
- Experienced in assessing work-based learning
- Sound IT and digital literacy skills with proven experience of working with various Microsoft packages
- Experience of producing clear, accurate and concise written reports, including remarks/enquiries about results
- Experience in organising and processing internal quality assurance practices; sampling of evidence; making judgements and providing constructive developmental feedback
- Ability to provide clear and accurate IQA actions and follow up on these for a timely resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with substantive experience of providing supportive, concise feedback
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Evidence up to date sector knowledge and evidence of relevant CPD
Desirable Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications
- Any industry relevant vocational qualifications (standard specific)
- ODM Experience
- Experience of End-Point Assessment delivery
- Experience in engaging with External Quality Assurance activities
Here are just a few of the essential softer skills you will need to successfully join our team:
- Ability to recognise change and improvement requirements and offer a solution driven approach
- Be confident and ambitious with a “can do, will do” attitude
- Be able to develop rapid and long-lasting rapport with team members, customers, and stakeholders
- Be well motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a wider team
- Be able to keep an eye on the bigger picture and appreciate where your role fits into the business
- Be passionate about education and the opportunities that it brings.
- Present a positive and professional image of Training Qualifications UK at all times
- Have a willingness to learn
- Be courteous
- Be willing to put the team first
- Access to qualifications and Apprenticeships
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus Bank Holidays.
- Additional day off for your birthday.
- Annual salary and Cost of living wage review.
- Annual loyalty bonus - £100 for each year of service (uncapped).
- Christmas and summer parties.
- Monthly dress-down Friday for charity.
- Bi-weekly “clubs” such as Arts and Crafts, Quiz Club, Wine and Cheese Club etc.
- Employee Voice Group.
- Incentive awards.
- Open plan modern office with quiet zones and a break room.
- 1 hour lunch break.
- Free on-site parking, if you are visiting the office.