Notebook Assessment Services are an exciting innovative End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO), just starting out on the journey to deliver our first End Point Assessments (EPAs) this Autumn. We offer niche EPAs to the military and need someone to ensure that from the outset our activities are operated efficiently across our Independent End Point Assessors, Clients and Apprentices.
Job Title: End-point Assessment Administrator
Report to: End Point Assessment (EPA) Quality and Compliance Manager
Responsible for: None
Working closely with the Quality and Compliance Manager and the Head of NAS to ensure NAS End-point assessments are resourced, operated and delivered efficiently and effectively which minimises risks to the organisation and apprentices.
Base: Homebased with some meetings in Dorset
Main role objective:
As an approved EPA organisation, we are looking for a strong operations focused assessment administrator to ensure that the delivery of our End-point assessments runs smoothly and protects the interests of the apprentices taking their final assessment as well as mitigating risks to our End-point assessment organisation. You'll work closely with the Quality and Compliance Manager to ensure high quality end point assessments for apprentices.
You'll use your exceptional organisation skills to manage a busy and varied workload which will include coordinating EPA assessments and preparing reports and statistical analyses for results and awarding.
You will be familiar with face to face and online assessment methodology. To be considered for this role you will need to have experience in a similar role, be able to multi-task and make complex decisions.
To assist the NAS team to ensure that all End-point assessments are run smoothly and efficiently.
To provide administrative support in the booking, coordination and administration of End Point Assessment (EPA) for Notebook Assessment Services.
This role maintains regular oversight of and engagement with the Independent End Point Assessor (IEPA) and IQA team to ensure that efficient plans and activities are aligned and co-ordinated.
- Provide a robust end to end service for EPA including gateway checks, EPA bookings, collating data and communicating results to relevant stakeholders.
- Support in the preparation and completion of documentation relating to Gateway and EPA.
- Liaise with customers as the point of contact for EPA queries and for the administration of Independent End Point Assessors.
- Manage paperwork and processes, such as EPA bookings and registrations, relating to EPA.
- Liaise with delivery and quality teams to ensure EPA is booked, administered, and delivered in line with required timeframes.
- Process claims for apprenticeship certificates ensuring records are stored and maintained as appropriate.
- Ensure all EPA systems are kept fully up to date and that all data entry is accurately and recorded in a timely manner.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the management team and customers in the required timeframe and in line with service level agreements.
- Provide assistance, support and guidance to Apprentices, Employers and the NAS team as needed and deal with queries in a timely manner.
- Maintain a working knowledge of EPA processes, systems and the apprenticeship standards through CPD and research.
- Attend and contribute to team and other operational meetings, as required and for the dissemination of information and the sharing of good practice.
- Act as the minute taker for team and other meetings as necessary.
- Ensure that all allocated administration tasks relating to the coordination of End Point Assessment are undertaken efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner with clear audit trails of all activity.
Background and experience
Understanding of the UK qualifications framework and apprenticeships
Extensive experience of working within an assessment operations function of a regulated Awarding Organisation at the required level
Experience of managing or quality assuring an examination/assessment system
A thorough, up to date, working knowledge and understanding of the Ofqual General Conditions of Recognition, IfATE requirements and ESFA conditions for being on the End-point assessment register.
Ability to plan, manage and deliver projects within demanding timeframes.
A commitment to high quality customer service SLA’s Customer focused improving customer experiences.
A strong communicator with excellent oral and written English skills and a passion for engaging in regular communication with colleagues.
Ability to engage effectively with a variety of stakeholders from apprentices to industry leaders.
A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
Knowledge of NAS’s assessment portfolio.
Experience of analysing and presenting complex data and exceptional attention to detail.
Previous experience of working in a high-risk administrative environment
Experience of working with an online assessment bank.
Professional relevant qualifications and a minimum of two years’ experience in an assessment and/or qualifications role.
Applicants must have some experience of working in a regulated environment either within an Awarding Organisation or End Point Assessment Organisation.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria.
Closing date Midday 20th September 2021