Notebook Assessment Services are an exciting, innovative, Ofqual-recognised End-Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO). We offer EPAs to the military and college sectors and are embarking on an exciting period of growth. This is a great opportunity to shape something from the start and grow with us.
We looking for a confident and dynamic Contract Manager to join our team. This role would suit someone with experience in client relations, internal quality assurance and operational management.
Main role objective: To manage and develop staff effectively so as to ensure the provision of high quality vocational qualifications, to all eligible learners. To work with the Head of Notebook Assessment Services to ensure contract growth and sustainability.
- Management: Manage contract administrative and Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) staff teams to ensure contract terms are met and maintained to the required standards and within budgetary requirements.
- Communication: Ensure effective communications are maintained throughout the area of responsibility and with strategic management colleagues.
- Administration: Ensure all administrative duties are carried in accordance with Company policy and procedures and in line with contracted terms.
- Quality: To ensure all work is produced to the expected standards and to constantly strive for Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Development: To be proactive in identifying relevant personal development for self and team.
- To carry out daily duties to lead and manage a team of IQAs and Administrators, including monitoring and delivery of attendance, conduct, discipline, appraisal, training, feedback and mentoring.
- To ensure the team plan and manage their workload effectively and efficiently with due regard to cost effectiveness and teamwork.
- To maintain accurate records at all times, preparing reports as required by the Head of NAS
- Assist in the maintenance and development of the curriculum to meet the needs of the client and the candidates
- To attend management meetings to represent the Company and the contract/s
- To establish and maintain good working relations with clients and stakeholder
- To manage budgetary spend of all direct reports, costing trips and activities versus output and outcomes and taking action.
- To liaise with HR to carry out recruitment and training tasks for new staff as required.
Internal Quality Assurance
- To carry out the internal quality assurance processes in accordance with Notebook Assessment Services’ and Ofqual processes and procedures, providing constructive feedback on assessment judgements where necessary.
- To keep accurate records of assessment and internal quality assurance ready for inspection.
- Maintain internal quality assurance sampling tracking sheets ensuring that assessment methods and supporting evidence can be cross referenced against learners’ portfolios.
- Sample portfolios on an ongoing basis across the range of assessors, learners and relevant qualifications.
- To assist in the preparation of and participate in External Verification visits, Internal Audit and OfSTED Audits and Inspections.
- Ensure that each IQA within the contract provision has a formalised sampling plan; that the sampling is being completed correctly and that the plan is in line with the Notebook Assessment Services’ Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that standardisation meetings are carried out in line with Notebook Assessment Services’ Policies and Procedures and ensure best practice is extrapolated across the organisation.
- Liaise directly with the Quality & Compliance Officer and Head of Notebook Assessment Services on any quality and compliance issues that may arise.
- Co-ordinate the preparation for External Verifier visits; nominating an IQA who will lead the visit; attending such visits and giving support where necessary.
- Plan for and deliver IQA training.
- Work in close liaison with IQAs in order to produce documentation and best working practices.
- To ensure that quality of delivery is maintained at the highest level and that the teams are compliant with current Quality Assurance guidelines, in particular Ofqual General Conditions of Recognition.
- To be fully conversant with company policies and procedures.
- To lead the contract team’s participation in Reviews and Quality Improvement Planning activities.
- To keep up to date with changes to national awarding bodies’ criteria and standards, in relation to contract terms.
- To manage the implementation and maintenance of quality systems and processes.
- To Identify and share good practice with other staff and teams.
- To promote good communication at all levels.
- To liaise and communicate with clients at all levels, particularly the establishment and maintenance of good relations with senior military line managers.
This job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities and duties and is in no way intended to restrict any individual in the performance of other duties as required by the company.
The job description will be reviewed and updated periodically in the context of organisational and developmental changes.