Notebook Assessment Services are an exciting, innovative, Ofqual-recognised End-Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO). We offer EPAs to the military and college sectors and are embarking on an exciting period of growth. This is a great opportunity to shape something from the start and grow with us.
Job Title: End-Point Assessment (EPA) Quality and Compliance Officer
Report to: Head of Notebook Assessment Services
Leading NAS’s Quality Assurance function, managing and interpreting risk and compliance matters to maintain the integrity of NAS end-point assessments and to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of NAS customers.
Instrumental in ensuring compliance with the regulatory requirements for all individual qualifications/end-point assessments and quality assurance in respect of assessment.
To assist the Head of NAS in ensuring that NAS adheres to Ofqual, IfATE and ESFA requirements.
Base: Home based with some travel to the office in Blandford
Please email a CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develop and implement our Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) strategy for end-point assessment (EPA)
- Review the allocation of IQAs and assessors to ensure there is no conflict of interest, taking into consideration individual expertise (currency and competence) relevant industry qualifications and geographical location where required.
- Plan, organise and facilitate EPA IQA and assessor standardisation activities.
- Support NAS team with development and implementation of new EPA specifications and mock materials to ensure standardisation and compliance.
- Develop, review and monitor EPA and internal quality assurance policies, procedures and systems in order to meet EPA regulatory requirements and to meet business objectives.
- Support Head of NAS in aligning policy documents, procedures and systems across general compliance areas.
- Deal appropriately with the management of incidents, issues, appeals and complaints in line with published policies and procedures, providing solutions to mitigate risk and recurrence.
- Maintain high standards of continuous improvement, ethics and governance within the department.
- Support the Head of NAS with ESFA applications for additional Apprenticeship Standards
- Support the Head of NAS with EPA EQA monitoring activity and audits, including any preparation, contribution and attendance at any physical audit by external agencies where required.
- To ensure that all processes are consistent with the requirements of EPA External quality assurance organisations.
- To support the Head of NAS in submission of regulatory data returns and requests.
- To assist the Head of NAS to ensure that all regulatory requirements have been and continue to be met, and to implement any agreed changes.
- To lead functional representation at the Quality and Operations Committee, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and efficient and effective operation of the Quality Assurance and EPA customer approval and contracting function.
- Responsibility for setting and maintaining internal parameters for EPA customer engagement, compliance and standards.
- To lead on, implement and manage effective and efficient processes to support the quality assurance of end-point assessment services to existing and prospective customers.
- To help NAS customers qualify apprentices by delivering integrated quality assurance solutions and meeting customers changing needs through progressive methodologies whilst managing compliance and meeting NAS high standards.
- This role maintains regular oversight of and engagement with the IQA team to ensure that Quality Assurance plans and activities are aligned and co-ordinated.
- To actively contribute to Quality and Operations Committee meetings and offer impartial advice and guidance around the regulatory requirements.
- Lead on the development of policy, procedure guidance for any areas relating to NAS products, services and operational business to ensure communication to customers.
- To ensure that requirements and guidance from NAS regulators and other relevant bodies is disseminated to staff and to act as a point of clarification for any queries.
- To plan and lead on the self-assessment activity required by the regulator, in particular carrying out internal audits to ensure that all policies and procedures are fit for purpose and identify strengths and weaknesses.
- To be responsible for the written report that requires both Responsible Officer and Governing Board formal approval and sign off to support the declaration of compliance to Ofqual.
- Maintain and regularly review EPA conflict of interest declarations, evidence and due diligence of all IQAs in line with the NAS Conflict of Interest Policy and procedures.
- Working with other staff, manage the internal processes around appeals, complaints and malpractice.
- To ensure that the risks and issues facing the organisation are identified, understood and mitigated as far as possible and that contingency plans are in place to cover threats to the organisations continued operation including oversight of the operational Risk Register.
- To ensure that the quality assurance framework, approach and implementation supports the NAS growth strategy, meets market requirements, delivers competitive advantage and is compliant with regulation and fit for purpose.
- Create, champion and manage an End-Point Assessment Quality Strategy including policies, procedures and guidance and robust implementation across the business to set clear direction internally and externally to support and sustain good and compliant growth and continually improve our end-point assessment services.
- Continually monitor and develop assessment strategies and methodologies that reflect the needs of Apprenticeship Standard Assessment Plans.
- To scan the horizon and identify changes in EPA regulatory guidelines and its expected compliance for discussion with the Quality and Operations Committee.
- Be accountable to the Head of NAS for compliance with regulation, the NAS systematic quality assurance framework and advising on significant incidents or risks that might arise from time to time.
- Lead, direct and motivate a high performing team to develop and apply quality strategies that add value and ensure compliance.
- To be fully conversant with company policies and procedures.
- To participate in Standardisation, Self-Assessment Reviews and Quality Improvement Planning activities.
- Undertake Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) when appropriate.
- To keep up to date with changes to national awarding organisations’ criteria and standards.
- To contribute to the implementation of quality systems and processes.
- Identify and share good practice with other staff and teams.
- To keep up to date with national and local developments, which may affect specialist sector subject delivery and learner support requirements.
- To monitor and evaluate personal performance within the context of the role.
- To participate in the company appraisal system and remain conversant with Company Policy and Procedure.
- To participate in training and development activities as required.
- To remain proficient in the use and application of IT.
The duties and responsibilities listed are not exhaustive or exclusive. The expectation is that there will be other responsibilities and that the post holder will shape these. In addition to the above duties the post holder may also be required to:
- Carry out any other duties as directed within the general nature and character of the post.
- To represent the Company in a professional and competent manner at all times.
This job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities and duties and is in no way intended to restrict any individual in the performance of other duties as required by the company.