Job Description: End Point Assessment Assessor – Hairdressing
Contract work/ Freelance role
Location: Home based/ Nationwide
Reports to: EPA Delivery Manager/ Standard EPA Lead
Times are changing and so are we. TQUK is a leading Apprenticeship End Point Assessment Organisation approved by the Skills Funding Agency to deliver end point assessments to apprentices on a growing number of the new trailblazer standards.
The role an apprenticeship end point assessor is to provide independent, fair, reliable and consistent assessment services to TQUK customers working with apprenticeship standards. Assessors are required to use assessment experience with robust and relevant industry knowledge to form judgements and grading decisions upon the completion of a variety of assessment activities, which test the apprentices’ occupational competency. This role requires someone who is flexible in their approach to all tasks, with the independence to travel and has exceptional assessment abilities coupled with the ability to act with integrity and impartiality.
• Deliver outstanding end point assessment services to assigned apprentices and employers
• Undertake end point assessment activities with integrity and impartiality to offer a fair, reliable and consistent assessment experience for all apprentices and employers
• Manage assigned caseload to ensure all stages of the EPA journey are completed timely and to the expected standard
• Maintain an excellent working knowledge of apprenticeship standards and assessment plans relevant to your area of expertise
• Undertake onsite and remote invigilation duties as part of your allocated caseload
• Produce accurate and well informed assessment feedback and written reports to validate assessment grading decisions
• Provide detailed and appropriate feedback to support apprentice development
• Complete and maintain all required assessment and regulatory paperwork, using the appropriate systems
• Submit as required evidence of work for internal and external quality assurance
• Actively participate in moderation, standardisation and development activities and meetings as required
• Be responsible for maintaining your own on-going CPD relevant to both assessment practice and the industry for which you assess
• Develop and maintain an understanding of TQUK internal policies and processes
• Develop knowledge of TQUK products and services
• Efficiently and accurately use the diary programme and office software
• Manage own data entry: inputting, filing, and monitoring
• Liaise with other departments to facilitate a smooth customer journey
• Be committed to Health and Safety awareness inclusive of Safeguarding and Prevent
Essential Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a commercial salon.
• Hold Hairdressing Level 3 Qualification or Equivalent.
• Hold a relevant Assessor qualification with robust knowledge of assessment techniques
• Evidenced experience in vocational sector at or above level to which you will assess
• Relevant vocational qualification (standard specific)
• Level 2 English and maths qualifications(or equivalent)
• Sound IT and digital literacy
• Outstanding organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work in a flexible manner, adapt to different environments and solve problems independently
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including report writing
Desirable Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications
• Evidence experience of assessing work based learning
• Hold a relevant Internal Quality Assurer Qualification
Here are just a few of the essential softer skills you will need to successfully join our team:
• Be confident and ambitious with a “can do, will do” attitude
• Maintain professional standards and boundaries at all times
• Be able to develop rapid and long-lasting rapports with team members, customers and stakeholders
• Be well motivated, enthusiastic and able to work on your own initiative
• Be able to have fun!
• Work well with others
• Be able to keep an eye on the bigger picture and appreciate where your role fits into the business.