Operations Team Leader
Location: Sale, Manchester – Office based role
Reports to: Head of Operational Services
Salary: 22k – 30k
Training Qualifications UK is an award winning and leading End-Point Assessment Organisation, approved by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) to deliver End-Point Assessment to Apprentices on an ever-growing number of Apprenticeship Standards.
This role sits in the heart of our EPA Operations department and provides invaluable leadership support to our fast-growing team of EPA Officers. The EPA operations Team Leader is responsible for ensuring smooth day to day operational functions, performed by EPA Officers, are carried out by supporting the Head of Operational Services with workflow and work allocation, as well as the monitoring of team performance.
This role requires someone who thrives on being organised, has a good eye for accuracy and attention to detail, and who can keep up with developments in a fast-paced and exciting industry. The role requires a hands-on approach to problem solving and a passion for operational service, to offer a flexible and dynamic service and the ability to put quality assurance at the forefront.
Line management responsibilities are included in this role.
· Support primarily the Head of Operational Services and manage EPA Officers workloads to effectively and efficiently exceed team targets and the required standards of work.
· Have line management responsibilities, including conducting monthly 1:1s, leading team meetings, conducting regular audits of work and providing feedback in line with our core policies.
· Ensure all set processes are maintained, documented and followed with full accuracy, to the highest standard.
· Responsible for training new and existing staff members.
· Collate information and produce reports for the Head of Operational Services and the wider Leadership team on a weekly and monthly basis, contributing to interpretation and identification of trends, where appropriate.
· Act as a designated point of escalation for queries and complaints, to collate and interpret feedback on both processes and systems to aid continuous improvement initiatives.
· Maintain excellent knowledge of Apprenticeship Standards and assessment plans, TQUKs EPA offer, as well as sector developments associated with Apprenticeships and End-Point Assessment.
· Provide first line cover for EPA Officers, as necessary, during busy periods, as well as covering leave / sickness.
· Liaise with centres on a regular basis, providing expert advice and support, where required.
· Model TQUK behaviours always, showing courtesy, a commitment to always learning and choosing the team above self, gently realigning team members, as required.
Essential Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications
· Demonstrable experience of people and process management/ leadership.
· Evidence of monitoring processes associated with internally or externally set quality assurance.
· Level 2 English and Maths qualifications (or equivalent).
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong written skills and report writing.
· A strong level of computer literacy in Microsoft Access, Excel (reporting), word and Outlook.
· Track record of working in an environment where attention to detail is paramount.
Here are just a few of the essential softer skills you will need to successfully join our team
· Be self-motivated, energetic, enthusiastic and able to work on your own initiative.
· Be trustworthy and take responsibility for own area of work.
· Be well motivated, enthusiastic and able to work on your own initiative.
· Be able to have fun!
· Have a willingness to learn.
· Be courteous.
· Have outstanding organisational and time management skills.
· Access to qualifications and Apprenticeships.
· 25 days holiday per annum, plus Bank Holidays.
· Additional day off for your birthday.
· Annual salary and Cost of living wage review.
· Annual loyalty bonus - £100 for each year of service (uncapped).
· Cycle to work scheme.
· Brows and Barnetts – A beautician and Barber visits the office every month!
· Christmas and summer parties.
· Monthly dress-down Friday for charity.
· Bi-weekly “clubs” such as Arts and Crafts, Quiz Club, Wine and Cheese Club etc.
· Employee Voice Group.
· Incentive awards.
· Open plan modern office with quiet zones and a break room.
· 1 hour lunch break.
· Free on-site parking.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV to Recruitment@TQUK.org