Learning Curve Group is a national training and education specialist. We work with further education providers, employers and learners to help them achieve success. Since 2004, Learning Curve Group (LCG) has grown both organically and through acquisition to become one of the largest and most diverse providers in the country. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners - and that's how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our 'Purple People', the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to 'transform lives through learning'.
Learners are at the centre of everything we do so we are committed to safeguarding and promoting their welfare. If applicable, the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, provide satisfactory references and prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
This role requires you to have a deep understanding of functional skills within the apprenticeship framework and a real desire to transform our learners' lives and help employers to grow their business. As one of our Functional Skills Tutors you will be working as part of a larger successful team. You will be required to work independently visiting apprentices at the academy sites, and you will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality teaching, learning and assessment of functional skills. The goal is to ensure learners gain the new knowledge and skills required to pass their functional skills tests.
You will need these important qualities:
- Passion for teaching learning
- Personable and engaging
- Organised and self-reliant
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Guide and support learners in the effective pursuit of their functional skills ensuring impartial information, advice and guidance to students as required
- Manage the skills diagnostic testing of maths and English using BKSB, during the student induction and at periods
- Use LHAA Functional Skills resources or produce teaching and learning resources as required, including lesson plans to support the delivery and assessment of FS
- Liaise with the Lead IV for Functional Skills to ensure compliance with the Awarding Organisations requirements
- Liaise with the Academy Manager to ensure all FS are completed timely to enter the EPA gateway
- Liaise with the Academy Manager and Tutors to identify and support Apprentices requiring ALS
- Liaise with the MIS/Exams Manager re booking the FS tests
- Liaise with the teaching staff regarding the scheduling of delivery and assessment of the FS
- Maintain accurate student tracking data for FS diagnostics and completions
Key Role-Specific Deliverables: Management of ALN/ASN:
- Manage early intervention at induction for learners that self-identify ALS needs or where evidence is available. Complete the LSF proposal and provide ALS support as required with compliant monthly reviews
- Manage the CognAssist process for diagnostics and learning support with the completion of compliant monthly reviews
- Provide diagnostics (where appropriate) to provide evidence of students with ALN/ASN
- Complete compliant paperwork as evidence of student support provided to LSF students
- Liaise with the Employer Engagement/student Liaison Manager and the Academy Manager regarding students with ALN/ASN identified at interview
- Liaise with the Academy Manager and tutors regarding progress made by LSF students to discuss any issues
- Liaise with the Safeguarding Officer where appropriate to alert them to any safeguarding issues
- Positively promoting the development of the LHAA in every aspect of its business
- Attend meetings with the Head of Functional Skills and the Lead IV for standardization meetings and to report progress against any actions
- Ensure that you meet the CPD requirements of the LHAA, AO and ESFA/Ofsted
- Comply and follow all processes within the Health and Safety Policy
- Comply and follow all processes within the IT Policy and, Data Protection and Information Security Policy
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
- Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all time
- It is essential that you have a commitment to behave in a way that meets our company values and that places the learner and their wellbeing at the heart of what you do.
- Relevant teaching qualification at level 3 or above
- Level 2 numeracy and literacy (or GCE/GCSE equivalent)
- Subject Specialism in either maths or English, eg: Level, subject specific degree, Cert.Ed. or equivalent.
- D32/D33 or A1 Award or TAQA
- Teaching qualification eg: Cert.Ed.
- Experience within a tutor role working with 16+ learners
- Proven track record of meeting targets Experience of working in the training/education sector
- Holidays - 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension - 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Armed Forces Covenant - Silve
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That's why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.