This is a home based role with occasional travel to Somerset.
The individual will preferably hold registered nurse status or a Level 5 assistant
practitioner qualification. However, applicants that hold a relevant Level 4
qualification and can demonstrate significant occupational experience in specialisms
such as, but not limited to; paediatrics, peri-operative care, maternity and acute
medicine will be considered.
The post holder will join a progressive team involved in the development of an
expanding Apprenticeship provision in Healthcare and Nursing. The successful
candidate will be an experienced healthcare practitioner who understands the value
of empowering those around them.
As a Specialist Trainer/ Assessor for my client, you will be facilitating the
development of learners' skills, knowledge and behaviours through coaching,
learning and assessment. You will utilise a full and varied range of teaching and
training techniques to achieve delivery.
Key duties and responsibilities
* Providing high-quality teaching, training, and assessment across a range of accredited programmes, as required, delivering the learning aims of students
* Preparing all necessary materials to carry out training and assessment.
* Assessing student work, files, and portfolios
* Monitoring and evaluating student progress and achievement throughout the programme on Smart Assessor and other electronic platforms, keeping accurate and up-to-date records and liaising with employers to confirm competence.
* Preparing and co-ordinating the students for End Point Assessment process ensuring engagement and agreement of their employer and the EPA organisation.
* Monitor and support effective quality improvement procedures as part of the wider team.
* Contributing to the development of new apprenticeship standards as appropriate.
* Ensuring 'at risk' students are identified in a timely manner and strategies are put in place to mitigate early leavers.
* Ensuring employers are engaged in their apprenticeship programmes, are involved in the creation of the 'Employer Plan' and participate in reviews of progress.
* To identify destination outcomes for student and employers and ensure the achievement of predicted destinations at the end of the programme.
* Advising prospective students and employers on their training requirements within your area of expertise.
* Undertaking in-service training and continuing professional development, based upon individual and service needs.
* Identify and support maths, English and IT needs of candidates to ensure required levels of attainment are met within a timely manner and develop these skills for the entire length of their programmes even after required levels have been achieved.
* Maximise success in apprenticeship End Point Assessment tests.
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds