SIAS are looking for passionate End-point Assessors within the laboratory and science sector to join are experienced team during our extended period of growth. We are looking for End-point Assessors with the experience to deliver the following standards:
- Laboratory Technician Level 3
- Laboratory Scientist Level 5
- Laboratory Scientist Level 6
We are looking for End-point Assessors in the North West but we also have positions in other areas so please contact us for more information.
- Deliver high quality, end point assessments using SIAS assessment tests taking account of individual requirements to ensure valid assessment.
- Work closely with SIAS and employers to plan and deliver end point assessment in line with mandatory test protocols.
- Assess the performance of apprentices in accordance with published assessment and grading criteria and procedures, ensuring overall standards are maintained.
- Assess the apprentice's work and provide structured feedback to SIAS
- Ensure all EPA reports and assessment evidence is high quality and recorded accurately.
- Follow the protocols set out in SIAS specifications, assessment materials and quality assurance protocols, relating to the End Point Assessment.
- Maintain service-level agreements with regards to responding to EPA planning, operational activities, reports and submissions of assessment outcomes.
- Report all risks and issues encountered during the end-point assessment to SIAS, including any suspected malpractice/maladministration.
- Participate in training and standardisation activities with internal and external quality assurance.
- Support SIAS, if necessary, with any appeals from apprentices, regarding assessment decisions.
- Raise any conflicts of interest, including in relation to the independence of assessment.
- Report and provide timely updates and respond to requests for information from the SIAS.
- Evaluate assessment delivery and test design and respond to SIAS feedback to continuously improve the end point assessment experience for candidates and employers.
- Implement feedback and development action points resulting from IQA sampling, observation of practice and standardisation themes to continuously improve the quality and rigour of end point assessment.
- Contribute to the external quality assurance activities undertaken by the external quality assurance body.
- Maintain and provide monthly evidence of ongoing, relevant Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Arrange and travel to EPA appointments.
- Maintain update to date Outlook calendar with availability to work.
Knowledge Skills and Qualifications
- Occupationally relevant qualification in line with the requirements of the assessment plan being assessed-minimum level 3 to assess for Level 3 Lab technician, degree in relevant subject required for Level 5 and 6 apprenticeships (see attached table of standards)
- Experience of assessing staff or learner competence, at the level or above of the Standard.
- Assessor qualification at Level 3 or above
- Vocationally competent with recent continuing professional development and/or professionally registered.
- Experience of current working practices in relevant occupational areas.
- Experience of delivering/ assessing competence and knowledge within STEM sector.
- Understanding of Apprenticeship Trailblazer developments and Standards.
- DBS check required.
- Full driving licence.
- Familiar with Microsoft office applications.
- Familiar with the use of video call applications. (Teams/Zoom)
- Health & Safety and E&D practices
- IQA qualification
- Experience of working for an exam board.
Associates will be self-employed on flexible contracts against a SIAS service level agreement.
The delivery of EPA will take place at either the apprentice’s workplace or remotely using Microsoft Teams/Zoom. UK travel will be required.
Associates will receive an agreed rate for end point assessment to include expenses. Further details are available from SIAS.