Leadership & Management End-Point Assessment Lead
Permanent Full Time Role
Location: Remote Home based / Nationwide coverage
Reports to: EPA Delivery Manager
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
Line Management Responsibility: 3 x Leadership and Management End-Point Assessors
Training Qualifications UK is fast establishing itself as a leading Apprenticeship End-Point Assessment Organisation approved by the Education and Skills Funding Agency to deliver End-Point Assessment to Apprentices on an ever-growing number of Apprenticeship Standards.
The role of an Apprenticeship End-Point Assessor is to provide independent, fair, reliable, and consistent assessment services to Training Qualifications UK customers working with Apprenticeship Standards. End-Point Assessors are required to use assessment experience with robust and relevant industry knowledge to form judgements and grading decisions upon the completion of a variety of assessment activities, which test the apprentices’ occupational competency.
This role requires someone who is flexible in their approach to all tasks, with the independence to travel as and when the business requires. Also has exceptional assessment abilities coupled with the ability to act with integrity and impartiality. The successful post holder will not only be responsible for delivering an agreed caseload of End-Point Assessments but will also take a lead role in the training and standardisation of freelance associate End-Point Assessors, undertake internal quality assurance-based tasks, and support with the delivery of training and support to external customers. The sector’s that fall within this role to be assessed are;
- Team Leader/ Supervisor Level 3
- Operations/ Departmental Manager Level 5
- Undertake a small annual caseload of EPA Assessor allocations to keep skills current and support wider role responsibilities.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of Apprenticeship Standards and Assessment Plans relevant to the sector areas as listed above.
- Engage with internal quality assurance process, acting as Lead IQA to apply & manage risk ratings for all assessors within their sector.
- Perform Line Management responsibilities for agreed Assessors within their sector.
- Support in the delivery of EPA Assessor performance monitoring activities such as observation/ desk top reviews.
- Support the recruitment of new EPA Assessors for given sector/ standard.
- Take responsibility for the design, delivery, and currency of training materials to successfully train all new on boarding Assessors for given sector/ standards.
- Develop, prepare and host engaging and meaningful standardisation activities to embed consistency in delivery and accuracy in decision making / grading outcomes.
- Develop and deliver externally facing training content to provide outstanding support for external stakeholders/ customers in relation to EPA.
- Lead on the production of bi-annual Lead Reports cascaded to all relevant EPA centers.
- Use expert knowledge to assist with and as required draw conclusion about the following cases, acting as authoritative voice in cases where consensus cannot be reached:
- In bound complex customer queries
- investigations into potential malpractice
- assessment discrepancy between Assessors/ IQAs
- Proactively support EQA activities and quality assure sample evidence submitted.
- Take responsibility for your own and monitor wider Assessors, within your given sector, on-going CPD relevant to assessment and internal quality assurance practices, the wider Apprenticeship landscape, and the industry for which you assess/ are responsible for.
- As a minimum must be competent and able to assess Team Leader/Supervisor and Operations/Departmental Standards.
- Holds a minimum of 2 years’ occupation/sector experience at Level 5 or above gained within the last five years or significant experience of the occupation/sector, which has been maintained through ongoing CPD.
- Have current knowledge of the regulatory framework and other regulatory and legislative requirements such as safeguarding, prevent, equality, diversity and inclusion and health and safety.
- Hold a relevant Assessor qualification (D32/33, A1, TAQA equivalent) or EPA qualification with robust knowledge of assessment practice and techniques, including proficiency in remote assessment tools.
- Hold a relevant Internal Quality Assurer Qualification (D34, V1).
- Functional Skills Level 2 English and maths qualifications held (or equivalent).
- Experienced in assessing work-based learning- both assessing and IQA.
- Sound IT and digital literacy skills with proven experience of working with various Microsoft packages.
- Experience of producing clear, accurate and concise written reports, including remarks/enquiries about results.
- Experience in organising and processing internal quality assurance practices; sampling of evidence; making judgements and providing constructive developmental feedback.
- Relevant vocational qualification around Leadership & Management.
- Ideally the post holder will have extensive professional management experience and hold a relevant Professional membership such as: The Institute of Leadership & Management (TILM) or Chartered Management Institute (CMI).