Our client is the subsidiary of a multi-million pound global company, based in the midlands. Having been established for 160 years, the company has a worldwide reputation for quality, service and innovative design in the airgun market.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Support Engineer to work within a team of engineers providing technical support to all aspects of manufacturing. The role will report directly to the Factory Manager, working with production, design engineering and suppliers. Your ability to focus on root-causes and fully implement solutions will be critical to your success in this role.
. Key Accountabilities:
* Timely resolutions to quality and delivery issues raised through the daily production meetings, using team-based CI tools including 8D to deliver root cause solutions to the issues raised
* Liaison with supplier to resolve quality issues
* The creation of Work Instructions or SOPs to support existing and new product builds
* Identify changes to components, methods and layouts that deliver improvements to quality, cost or delivery.
* Manage the implementation of running design changes, controlling either the build-out of existing stock or the containment of obsolete stock
What about you?
As a Manufacturing Support Engineer, you will have:
* Successfully completed a L3 Engineering Apprenticeship (typically Machinist or Technical Support Technician)
* Worked in a manufacturing environment for at least one year after EPA
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
* Excellent IT, written and oral communication skills
* Worked effectively as a member of a team
To find out more please log on to www mpcg co uk and follow the link for Jobs or phone our office on (phone number removed)