Job Description: Product Development Manager - End-Point Assessment
Role: Product Development Manager- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Team: End-Point Assessment
Full Time – Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00
Location: Hybrid/ Remote/ Office
Reports to: EPA Director
Training Qualifications UK is fast establishing itself as a leading Apprenticeship End-Point Assessment Organisation approved by the Education and Skills Funding Agency to deliver End-Point Assessment to Apprentices on an ever growing number of Apprenticeship Standards
Due to our continuing success, Training Qualifications UK are looking to employ an experienced Product Developer.
Our End-Point Assessment offer has grown from strength to strength over the last four years, and we've no plans to stop any time soon. This role is pivotal to that continued success and growth, focused upon an approach of continuous improvement and innovation. It provides an exciting opportunity for a detail orientated, but creative individual to think outside the box, build on what's gone before, and put their own stamp on the range of products that support our Apprentices and Training Providers to succeed.
We're looking for someone unafraid to take a leading role in evolution and revolution of a range of different document types, and who will embrace emerging technologies and digital tools to deliver easy to use, intuitive assessment instruments and supporting documents. The ideal candidate will have a sound understanding of assessment principles and experience designing and/or using a range of assessment methods. You'll need to be confident and comfortable working with colleagues from regulatory authorities and competitors, representing the best interests of TQUK and our customers.
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Exciting social events
- Sociable working hours
- Pension plan
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Loyalty bonus scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to regulated qualifications from day one
- Additional birthday day off
- Act as Project Manager for the development and launch of all new/additional and revised EPA Standards.
- Maintain throughout the full life cycle all assessment resources and tools to ensure ongoing validity, reliability, accessibility, manageability, and comparability.
- Ensure that all assessment resources and tools meet regulatory and internal quality requirements.
- Continually seek new and evolving methods to diversify and innovatively improve assessment support resources and assessment instruments.
- Work collaboratively with Delivery Managers to establish a robust bank of Assessor facing resources to drive quality and consistency within EPA delivery, meeting all regulatory and internal quality requirements.
- Proactively engage with external stakeholders to enhance and diversify the EPA Product range.
- Produce and use detailed performance data to innovatively inform the EPA Product range for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce regular EPA Product update reports to measure value and impact and support external stakeholders.
- Represent TQUK at various forums and meetings where input specifically relating to end-point assessment development is required.
- Have direct line management responsibilities for a given remit of roles within Product Development.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in the education sector, ideally within work-based learning and assessment.
- An excellent understanding of assessment practice, principles, techniques and policy.
- Experience of managing projects.
- Experience of assessment design.
- Sound knowledge of the Apprenticeship sector.
- Level 2 English and Maths qualifications (or equivalent) along with sound IT skills to support core role functions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral.
- Sound judgement and decision making skills.
- Exceptional proof-reading skills and attention to detail.
- Experience of working in regulated environment.
- Experience of statistical data analysis.
- Experience of working with externally set and marked assessments.
- Knowledge of Awarding Organisation/ Educational quality assurance processes.
Here are just a few of the essential skills and softer skills you will need to successfully join our team:
- Be confident, brave and ambitious with a positive “can do, will do” attitude.
- Have a willingness to learn.
- Be courteous.
- Be well motivated, energetic, enthusiastic and able to work on your own initiative.
- Be able to have fun!
- Work well with others.
- Be trustworthy and take responsibility for own area of work.
- Be able to work innovatively, independently and take initiative.
- Be able to work in an agile and flexible manner.
* We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you require any additional support during the recruitment process due to a disability, please contact us so we can assist you.*