In a nutshell
We are looking for a passionate individual to join us at Innovate Awarding as an End Point Assessor, working in partnership with employers and their training organisations, to carry out high quality assessments of an apprentices’ competence against their apprenticeship standard.
About the role
You will be:
- Working in the field and supported by our expert, professional team, you’ll work with Apprentices and their employers to plan End Point Assessments, agreeing a schedule and completing planned assessments. Assessments may be carried out in person or remotely using video/audio technology.
- You’ll also mark in line with grading criteria and determine the overall grade for the Apprentice.
- Essential elements of the role also include carrying out all associated administration and keeping your knowledge of the occupational area up to date, along with maintaining your Continuous Professional Development.
We are looking for:
- Occupational competency of 2 years or more in a classroom environment.
- You'll hold or will be working towards a qualification to undertake assessment (e.g. D32/33, A1/A2, TAQA) and/or have significant knowledge and expertise in providing consistent and appropriate judgements of a candidate’s skill and ability.
- Current, hands on, professional experience in Early Years, sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation stages and you’ll be qualified to at least Level 3
- You’ll know how to conduct assessment processes including observations, professional discussions and reviewing learners’ showcase of evidence.
- You will also need to have good IT (MS Office), time management and communication skills, we’ll give you full training on our systems and support your Continuous Professional Development.
If you think this describes you and you want to put your skills and experience to work as an innovator of the future click apply and we can start this journey together
What we offer
We offer a great benefits, reward and recognition and wellbeing package which includes some of the following:
- 25 days holiday pro rata on accrued hours worked
- Access to auto enrolled pension subject to entitlement
With a long-established reputation in carrying out assessments, and one of the first organisations to be registered with the Education and Skills Funding Agency, we are helping employers across the UK to deliver the independent End Point Assessments that are now an essential element of any Apprenticeship.
Working in partnership with employers and their training organisations, we put together a package of external assessments designed to give an overview of an Apprentice’s competence. That might be multiple choice tests, professional discussions, observation at work or trade tests, to name just a few
Lifetime Training Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all colleagues to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be:
Subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS (where applicable), qualifications (where applicable), identity and right to work.
All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references and all offers of employment will be subject to those references. Lifetime Training Group is an equal opportunities employer and is Disability Confident accredited.
Please find a link to our safeguarding policy for further information: https://lifetimetraining.co.uk/about-us/policies/safeguarding-policy/
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) have amended the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 so that, from 11 November 2021, all care home workers and other visiting professionals will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have an exemption or there is an emergency.
Lifetime require all successful applicants for roles where our colleagues may have a requirement to enter a care home setting to be either intending to be vaccinated or to be already vaccinated against Covid-19